Date Posted: June 20, 2021
Paperclip Technologies, Inc. (“Paperclip”) is providing this notice to explain how we collect, use and share information when you access our website, use our products and services, or open and respond to our communications or advertisements (collectively, the “Services”). As used in this policy, terms such as “we,” “our” and “Company” refer to Paperclip Technologies, Inc. and its current and future affiliated entities and any trademarks associated with this entity. The Services are intended only for a United States audience. Any information you provide, including any personal information, will be transferred to and processed by a computer server located within the United States.
What Information Do We Collect?
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device (“personal information”).
We obtain the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you. For example, when you access the Services, we may collect the following types of information from you: (a) identification information (e.g., name, address, date of birth); and (b) other identifying information (e.g., email, device ID).
- Indirectly from our clients or their agents. For example, through information we collect from our clients in the course of providing services to them.
- Directly and indirectly from activity using the Services. For example, from submissions through our website portal or website usage details collected automatically.
We may collect information from other sources. We may receive information from the other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example, if you choose to authenticate your Paperclip account with another service provider (e.g., Facebook), we may receive information about you or your activity from that service provider.
How Do We Use Your Information?
- To verify your identity or address or to manage risk and compliance throughout our relationship in order to provide safe and secure Services;
- To provide, maintain and improve our Services including, for example, provide products and services you request (and send related information), develop new features, provide customer support, authenticate you, and send product updates and administrative messages;
- To generate analytic reports based on nonidentifiable information to help us and our partners understand our users’ preferences and interest in products and services featured on our website;
- To advertise and market our products and services. For example, to present targeted ads on this and other websites and apps, as well as in e-mail, analyze the effectiveness of ads, and determine whether you would be interested in new products or services;
- As otherwise required or permitted by law or with your consent.
How Do We Share Your Information?
We do not share your personal information with anyone else, except that we may share personal information as required or permitted by law:
- With your consent;
- To comply with legal orders and government requests;
- With our vendors (who are required to safeguard personal information) to help us operate our business.
We may make certain personal information about you (information that can identify a person, such as name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address) available to our service providers that perform work for Paperclip in order for us to provide services to you. These service providers may help Paperclip deliver services, provide customer service, or conduct user research and surveys. These companies are obligated to protect your personal information and may have their own privacy policies applicable if you access their services. We may also share your information in connection with any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company.
Cookies and Tracking
Third Party Data
We may receive information about you from other sources, including publicly available databases or third parties from whom we have obtained data, and combine this data with information we already have about you. This helps us to update, expand and analyze our records, identify new customers, and provide products and services that may be of interest to you. Examples of the types of personal information that may be obtained from public sources or third parties and combined with information we already have about you, may include: (a) address information from third party sources to verify your address so we can properly communicate with you and to prevent fraud and/or (b) data about our customers from third parties that is combined with information we already have about you, to create more tailored messaging and products.
We maintain reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the information that you provide through the Services. However, no security system is impenetrable and we cannot guarantee the security of our Services, nor can we guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet, and we are not liable for the illegal acts of third parties such as criminal hackers.
Your California Privacy Rights
Effective January 1, 2020, the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) allows California residents twice a year, upon a verifiable consumer request, to request that a business that collects consumers’ personal information to give consumers access, in a portable and (if technically feasible) readily usable form, to the specific pieces and categories of personal information that the business has collected about the consumer, the categories of sources for that information, the business or commercial purposes for collecting the information, and the categories of third parties with which the information was shared. California residents also have the right to submit a request for deletion of information under certain circumstances. Consistent with California law, if you choose to exercise your rights, we won’t charge you different prices or provide different quality of services unless those differences are related to your information. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to make such a request. Please note that you must verify your identity before we take any action in response to such a request. As a part of this process, government identification may be required. Consistent with California law, you may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. In order to designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf, you must provide a valid power of attorney, the requester’s valid government issued identification, and the authorized agent’s valid government issued identification. We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days of its receipt. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request's receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable.
Information for Children Under 13
We will not intentionally collect any personal information from children under the age of 13 through the Services without receiving parental consent. If you think that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13 through the Services please contact us.
To contact us regarding this policy and our related privacy practices, contact us at: email@example.com. If you believe we or any company associated with us has misused any of your information, please contact us immediately and report such misuse.
The effective date of this policy is June 20, 2021.
We may change this policy. If we do so, such change will appear on this page of our website. We will also provide appropriate notice and choices to you, on this website and in other appropriate locations, based on the scope and extent of changes. You may always visit this policy to learn of any updates.